The following is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change. It might contain outdated information or inaccuracies.
On this page, you'll find information about what is currently being worked on, planned features and things that are under consideration.
If you have a feature request, please check our github issue tracker to create a new issue or comment to an existing one.
This roadmap only includes large features. Minor bug fixes or features will not be reflected here.
- Node 18
- WASI (Blog post: https://blog.stackblitz.com/posts/announcing-wasi/)
- Private / Custom Registries (Blog post: https://blog.stackblitz.com/posts/introducing-teams/)
🚧 In Development
- Node 20 (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/560)
- CORS Proxy (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+CORS)
- Reducing memory usage (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/1120)
- Supporting multiple Node.js versions (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/560)
- Remote Databases (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/679, https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/1106)
- More CLI utilities (Github: https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/1165, https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/452, https://github.com/stackblitz/webcontainer-core/issues/1013)